Christmas is no more than a week away and you've still got some holiday shopping to do. Need an easy, thoughtful and personalized gift idea? Phone Snap is here to show you how to bring those cell phone photos off-screen with these DIY marble photo magnets. It takes less than five minutes to make and will look great on anybody's fridge!
- A pair of scissors
- Flat round magnets (Mine are 3/4" in diameter)
- Flat transparent marbles (You can find these at any craft store in the floral arrangement aisle. My local store didn't carry the 3/4" marbles I wanted so I had to settle for marbles that were approximately 1".)
- Krazy Glue
- A printout of any photo of your choice (I made mine about an inch and 1/2 in width and height.)
- OPTIONAL: Cardstock (Index cards, junk mail, anything similar will do.)
Step 1 Glue the Flat Side of the Marble onto the Top of Your Photo
Apply a small amount of glue onto your photo. Stick your photo onto the flat side of the marble. Apply more glue as needed to any of the parts that do not stick.
Step 2 Cut the Excess Parts of the Photo Around the Marble
Alternatively, if you find it easier to do so, you can trace around the marble onto the photo and cut it into a circle before gluing it to the marble. Using a craft hole punch may be an easier option as well. I personally found gluing then cutting to be the easiest.
Step 3 Glue the Magnet to the Back of the Marble
Here is where the optional part comes in. You can take your piece of cardstock, cut it into a circle the same size as your marble, then glue it between the photo and the magnet. This step is supposed to prevent the magnet from being seen through the photo, but for me, the lack of cardstock was not an issue.
Make sure to press everything down nicely so that the glue can spread and stick to the best of its ability.
Obviously, since my magnet and marble did not match up in size, there was a lot of extra space. Nonetheless, they still held up quite well.
So there you have it—personalized photo magnets in just a few easy steps! In several minutes, you'll have tons of magnets made and ready to give away. Package them in an Altoids mint tin or any other small tin box to make it extra special.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades